Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2014

Christmas card # 2 and a long story about

Here is the next christmas card I made last sunday:





Usually, when I buy SU stuff at my demonstrator I use to buy the german sets (if available). But this time I bought the english version of the stamp set. I like the big words in english more than in german. Think the font is nicer...

All other supplies aren't in my stash, yet. It great to try them on a convention or a workshop and to decide after that if I have to buy it or not.

The confetti star punch definetly walks right onto my christmas wishlist.

And there is a funny story about this card.

Katharina, the workshop hostess asked to bring some things to the workshop. For example, it is much easier when everyone has her own scissors and glue and stamping blocks than sharing them.

One of the things she asked for was the Dazzling Details. Well, I don't have the Dazzling Details from Stampin Up - but I do have the Icicle Stickles by Ranger. So I brought this bottle instead. The girl right next to me was curious why my bottle had a different lid. I said "well it's from another stamp company - not Stampin Up". She gave me this totally confused look like I was talking chinese :-) "There are other stamp compynies than Stampin Up available in Germany???" she asked.

Are you kidding me? No, she wasn't.

Holy cow. That was hard. To realize that they are gilrs who never heard of any other company than SU. I always thought that in the time of internet and e.b.a.y people using the search option.

I am not a SU-demo so I am allowed to say the following :-)

I really like SU and their products. But as money don't grow on trees (at least not here in my part of the world) I don't want to waste any money on stamping products if not necessary.

Maybe the US prizes are nice, but some of the german SU products are really expensive. So, why should I pay 22,95 EUR for the envelope punch board, when I'll get the original from "We R memory keepers" for 16 EUR in the local craft store? Or pay 4,25 for a bottle of Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue when its available for 3 EUR?! Years ago I bought all these circle punches by EK Success for half the prizes SU wants to have, same with the stars framelits (16 instead of 29,95). And of course I had the Memento tuxedo Black ink pad by Tsukineko long before SU offered it for their alcohol markers :-)

Long story short: I really love SU and their products but if I'll get the same quality for less money I'll take the chance. I don't receive any products for free - I don't work for any stamp company, I am in no design team (well, would be great to receive things for free - hey guys at Ranger, Hero Arts, lawn fawn: do you need some help?) so I have to pay attention where to leave my money.

Have a nice day, thanks for stopping by.

Sandra
(Sunny)

Supply list (all SU - except the Icicle Stickles which is from Ranger):
Stamp Set: Endless wishes
Paper: Soft Sky, Natural White, Baked Brown Sugar
Inks: Soft Sky, Baked Brown Sugar
Miscellaneous: Rhinestones, diamensionals, Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Snail adhesive, Icicle Stickels, 2 1/2 circle punch, Stars Framelits dies





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...