Sonntag, 12. Oktober 2014

Masterpiece: Travel journal

A very close friend, Melanie, just turned 40. I decided to make her a travel journal because she spent a few days in London and celebrated her birthday there.

I made this journal using all my travel themed stamps/stamps sets I have, using kraft envelopes and several cut outs. In each of the five envelopes is a small leporello which can hold up to 6 photos each.

Sorry, some of my pictures are blurred - I made them late at night in my tiny stamp room which has very bad lights (need to replace them):



Cover outside:

 Luckily I had some scrap-paper of a London map (!) in my stash. I used it for the front and back cover. Word and year is cut out with a very old Cuttlebug alphabet.


Cover inside:
Has a small pocket to hold all these small treasures like tickets or more photos.


 Page 1: "endlich Urlaub" is a german stamp and means "finally vacation"



Page 2: airplane


Page 3: camera


Page 4: some passports


Page 5: some bags


Page 6: another bag
 Oh, I love this very bag stamp. It is an old discontinued (don't even know if the company still exists)

Page 7:
 Another images of this bag. Only different style (colours).


Page8: some filmstrip and another passport



Page 9: more of these filmstrip



 Page 10:  small passport


Inside back cover: another of this small pockets to hold entrace cards or something else


Back cover: again using this great scrapbook paper

Here is the final picture. Sorry it is blurred. But I thought it will give you a glimse how the book is closed by the satin ribbon which I tied in a bow:




I made this journal book on several evenings. Right after work, sometimes until midnight. But I think it was totally worth it. Also, I have learned a lot of things by try-and-error, for example, it is much easier to stamp the envelopes before they are glued together. And the front and back cover should be definitely the last thing you do. Otherwise you'll risk to damage these small hinges.

As you can see, I used really a lot of different stamps. To name them individually will take a while.

If you want to know any specific one, please leave a comment with the page number and a description of the stamp and I will give credit to this single one. But be aware: many of them are already discontinued.

Here is (hopefully) the complete supply list:
Stamps: Stampers Anonymus, Hero Arts, Inkadinkado, PSX, JudiKins, Heindesign (german), Invoke Arts, Hampton Art Stamps, Stampa Rosa, Magenta, Art Impressions, Stempelbar (german), Kaleidoskop (german)
Ink pads: Marvy, Memento
Paper: K& Company, Papyrus, noname
Punches and dies: Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Stampin up
Miscellaneous: brads (unknown), satin ribbon (noname), kraft envelopes, glue

Thanks for stopping by.

Sandra
(Sunny)




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...