Samstag, 24. Mai 2014

Birthday card for Vicky

This is a birthday card I made a while ago for my friend Vicky.






I made this card when the weather wasn't like May - the last two weeks it was quite cold and rainy. So I needed some spring colours to get my mind up.

I used old stamps I had for ages. Coloured the lines of the sentiment with pencils to add more sunny colours to this card.

Unfortunately, the U.S. background stamps (Stampin Up, Hero Arts, ...) don't fit to the german standard card size. They leave a small gap on two of four sides. Our standard card size (A6) is 14,8 cm x 10,5 cm (about 5 5/8 x 4 1/4 inches) so I needed to cheat. I stamped the background image horizontal on the vertical card and used a small scrap of embossed paper to mask the edge.

Hope the card arrived save in my friends mailbox. But I am sure it had. Usually, the german mail office is really reliable.

Happy stamping!

Sandra
(Sunny)

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin Up background (retired), Hero Arts sentiment (maybe retired?)
Embossing folder: Stampin up (I suspect it retired, too)
Inks: Memento
Pencils: Faber Castell
Paper: Papyrus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...